Big Brothers Big Sisters Needs Your Help!
Support from individuals like you is vital to provide mentors for children in our community. And we know they need them. It isn’t easy being a kid these days. In these complex and confusing times, children need a caring adult to be a mentor and a friend — someone they can talk to, have fun with, and learn from.
Research shows that our mentoring works. Kids with a Big Brother or Big Sister show real differences in their personal and academic lives. At the end of the 2017-2018 school year,
- 98.6% of the children matched were promoted to the next grade level,
- 89.6% had a more positive attitude towards school,
- 98.9% had improved self-confidence.
Donating will help to:
- Recruit new Big Brother and Big Sister volunteers
- Cover the costs of background checks and insurance, while ensuring trained professionals match children to caring and responsible Bigs
- Offer one-on-one, ongoing supervision and support for every match
- Provide cultural and social activities to enrich the opportunities for children
Your donation goes to our community. When you donate to Big Brothers Big Sisters, you directly support children in our community.
Donating will improve the lives of young people in your community. Your donation will help them meet the challenges of growing up into happy, confident young adults.